To start off the New Year, let's take a look at the last years top health related google searches and answer them! Before we move forward in 2019, it is important to look back and understand what your health concerns were in 2018. This retrospective process will allow you to gain more control in 2019.
This was a big year for the Keto Diet! With the number one health related search being,
1. What is the Keto Diet? The Keto diet was originally intended to treat children with severe epilepsy and developed over a century ago. Although it worked, it has never been unclear exactly how. Keto Diets have been used for a variety of metabolic and psychiatric disorders as well. The diet has also been known to be beneficial for patients with colon cancer. It is classified as a low carb and high fat diet.
2. What is ALS disease? You may know ALS from internet takeover a couple years back with the "ice bucket challenge". ALS is much more as it affects about 20,000 Americans. The disease causes the degeneration of motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. The disease is often fatal within a few years of development. There are two types of ALS one is "spontaneous" affecting 85%-90% of patients and then "familial" making up the remainder of ALS patients.
Healing the gut is always a front line of defense and treatment. Your health starts in your intestinal microbiome. If you have ALS, following a strict diet is important as well as healing the gut.Heavy metals damage the cell membranes allowing too much calcium to enter the cell. This calcium will damage and even kill cells. Heavy metals can be the basis for so many life hindering symptoms. They could be caused by your environment and toxins that you did not even know you were ingesting. Stop suffering, come see Dr. G at Second Nature Care where you can be tested for heavy metal and nonmetal toxins that could be making you sick.We are your Detox Experts. We offer ozone chelation which addresses viral, bacterial and fungal infections and an added bonus of chelation which removes heavy metals that cause hardening of the arteries and cardiac events. Do your Urine Toxic Metals Test today. Second Nature Environmental Detox. We are your Detox Experts.
3. What is endometriosis? coming in at Number 3. Endometriosis can affect up to 10% of women. It is an autoimmune condition that causes severe pain, insomnia, irritability, depression, painful bowel movements and infertility. Cells in the uterus move outside of the womb and implant on other pelvic structures causing tremendous inflammation. The pain can be debilitating.
The pain can be debilitating. Now we offer a three pronged approach to treating endometriosis so that you can become pain-free and get quality of life back. HCG, Clinical Nutrition, Ozone and Prolozone Therapies.
4. How long does "weed" stay in your urine?
According to Mayo Clinic Proceedings, weed is detectable in urine for the following amounts of time after last use:
- Occasional users (up to three times a week): 3 days
- Moderate users (four times a week): 5 to 7 days
- Chronic users (daily): 10 to 15 days
- Chronic heavy users (multiple times a day): more than 30 days
You may be a candidate for medical marijuana. Call us at 845 358-8385 to schedule your Med Mary consult with Dr. E.
5. How long does the flu last? A few days to a couple of weeks depending on factors such as when treatment begins.
Why not stop the flu in it's tracks instead? Flu Nosode drops are safe and natural and do what they are supposed to do, protect your body without introducing harmful chemicals that contaminate your body and it won't make you sick! Ask us about our Natural flu vaccine! 89% effective which is higher than the flu shot.
We understand how important keeping your family safe during flu season is and we want to help you do that.
6. How long is the flu contagious?However, the amount of virus spread decreases significantly after three to five days. Adults are most contagious with the flu from 24 hours before symptoms start to three to five days afterward. Children can spread the virus for longer—up to 10 days, and sometimes even beyond that.
7. When does implantation bleeding start? Typically on day 22-25 of your cycle.
8. Why am I always tired? Don't we all want to know that? According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, about 40 million people in the United States suffer from chronic long-term sleep disorders each year and an additional 20 million people experience occasional sleep problems. It could be chronic fatigue syndrome. Chronic fatigue syndrome is characterized by a profound fatigue lasting for over 6 months. It is often accompanied by loss of memory or concentration, sore throat, enlarged lymph nodes in the neck or underarms, unexplained muscle pain, or pain that moves from one joint to another without swelling or redness. The fatigue is typically worsened by activity but not improved with rest. A patient with CFS may receive ample or excessive amounts of sleep with no restorative effects.
At Second Nature, we listen to you. We find the most effective and safe treatments to address your health problems.
Our CFS patients show these patterns and most have chronic Epstein-Barr virus amongst other viruses. They all have some level of leaky gut. Several have elevated heavy metals in tissue storage. Thousands of patients later - I start with correcting leaky gut, eliminating inflammatory foods, rebuilding the immune system, reducing viral loads and repairing mucosal membrane damage.
Epstein-Barr can be resolved with I.V. ozone and other injectable immune booster adjuvants. Healing can begin immediately with I.V. ozone and other nutrients. Patients can go from bad gut to Good Gut in 21 days.
9. What does heart burn feel like? The Cleveland Clinic describes it as "Heartburn symptoms include: A burning feeling in the chest just behind the breastbone that happens after eating and lasts a few minutes to several hours. Chest pain, especially after bending over, lying down or eating. ... A feeling of food “sticking” in the middle of the chest or throat"
Our Naturopathic pharmacy offers effective formulas to correct the condition. Second Nature patients take Xymogen's GastrAcid, ProbioMax DF 100 B and GlutAloeMine for upper G.I. tissue repair. We have a wide array of specific treatments for acute and chronic H. Pylori infections. There are easy to swallow liquid RX homeopathic formulas for stomach ulcers, reflux, pain, tissue erosion and generalized inflammation.
10. What causes high blood pressure? Hypertension has underlying causes and is not simply a genetic trait. Finding the cause of the problem can allow for other routes of therapy, avoidance of risk factors and possible development of other diseases. It is common that a patient may develop type 2 diabetes due to underlying insulin resistance that anti hypertensives do not address. When a patient is diagnosed with hypertension, history-taking should cover risks, signs, and symptoms for all identifiable causes. Cardiovascular risk factors also must be assessed in depth. Factors such as sleep apnea, obesity, dyslipidemia, insulin resistance and systemic inflammation should all be considered.
It becomes a two-pronged treatment to stabilize blood pressure by recommending nutraceuticals to support balanced blood pressure using several treatment modalities to address the underlying issues like: eradicating viral loads with anti-virals, foundational gut repair, chelation for heavy metals and correcting lipid profiles.
Whatever your 2019 Health Question might be give us a call and let's see if we can work together towards a healthy New Year at Second Nature Care!