Have you checked your vitamin C levels today? Second Nature patients do.
Do you know the signs of being Vitamin C deficient? Did you know that we can't manufacture Vitamin C in our bodies. We need to replenish it daily. Vitamin C deficiency causes scurvy. Scurvy symptoms include: malaise, fatigue, cognitive issues, muscle weakness, weak bones and immunosuppression.
Modern scurvy is higher in bulimics, anorexics, alcoholics, older patients who have malabsorption issues or gut dysbiosis, formula-fed infants, gastric bypass patients and the malnourished.
Early signs of scurvy
- Chronic low energy, depression, weak bones, wasting away
- Bleeding gums, loose teeth or gingivitis - See Dr. Robert Zitofsky at Dynamic Dental Arts of Rockland
- Rapid mood changes, irritability, short-tempered
- Bruises - chronic and lingering, drier hair, slow healing of minor wounds
- Chronic limb or joint pain - bleeding occurs between the joints
- Anemia, constantly catching everything going around - colds and flu
Why are Vitamin C levels important? A new study found a link between low Vitamin C and increased risk for intracereberal hemorrhage. Vitamin C depletion is a risk factor for spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhages.Vitamin C is a key component in the matrix of arterial walls. Vitamin C makes collagen needed for vessel elasticity and that elasticity plays a role in blood pressure regulation. When Vitamin C is depleted the collagen in the vessel wall becomes unstable and can lead to hemorrhages.
Do you know your risk factors for intracereberal hemorrhage?
- High blood pressure
- Alcohol consumption
Vitamin C, not ascorbic acid), is one of the most accessible anti-oxidants and comes in several forms. I recommend food grade Vitamin C. Billy's Vitamin C by Infinity Greens is a great way to get clean Vitamin C.
If you don't have a balanced diet filled with fresh fruits and vegetables it is wise to supplement with Vitamin C. Real deficiency means real interventions now. We offer Vitamin C I.V. mega drips.
Other related posts: