Christmas is around the corner but every time you look in the mirror you cringe because your male-pattern baldness is still there. Are there natural remedies for hair loss?
Yes, there are. Let's look at some of the root causes (no pun intended) of male-pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. This happens when your large scalp hair follicles change into shorter, thinner vellus hairs.
Genes, Environmental Exposures, Poor Circulation and Stress
- You are behind the eight ball because you are genetically predisposed to this condition.
- Your hormones are shifting and you probably have low testosterone or low T. You stop producing normal head hair.
- Heavy metals and chemical exposures interfere with normal hair growth.
- You have poor circulation to your scalp.
- Your scalp has localized micro inflammation which means that you probably have systemic inflammation. Time to check your cardiovascular risk factors and C-reactive protein levels.
- You are under chronic stress and it's time to do something about it. If you are not going to sign up for hot yoga or meditation then I have some nutraceutical recommendations to lower your cortisol levels.
Let's discuss your concerns, do the tests that will identify your root cause of hair loss and create an individualized treatment protocol to regrow your hair naturally. All tests are ordered in CT. unless we work with your primary care practitioner in NYS. You can get ozone chelation, an effective chelation for elevated heavy metals in NYS. All I.V. treatments are MD ordered and RN/NP administered in NYS.
What are the current treatments to regrow hair?
You have heard of finasteride, a pharmaceutical, that converts testosterone to the active 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Finasteride inhibits the 5 alpha-reductase enzymes in the short-term, but in the long-term prolonged use can affect sexual function by creating low sex drive and erectile dysfunction. Great, so now you have hair loss and a new problem. Not great for your already shaky self-esteem.
What are some natural treatments to regrow my hair?
- Drink 2-4 cups of green tea daily.
- Eat natural 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors like: dark berries like: blueberries, pomegranates, strawberries, raspberries because these foods inhibit protein kinase C.
- Herbs like: Trifolium, Pueraria, Panax ginseng, Curcuma aeruginosa and Polygonum multiflora can be used topically and internally to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase. Ask me about a supplement form that is easy to take.
- Towel dry your head vigorously each day and do a scalp massage with Weleda's Rosemary oil.
- Take Xymogen's Adrenal Manager and AdrenaMax.
- Take 2 caps of Xymogen's Regenemax Plus with 12,000 mcg of biotin - the only supplement that has passed double-blind studies for hair regrowth.