Radiation exposures from Japan continue to dominate environmental news. Japanese children are being diagnosed with thyroid cancers and newborns on the West Coast are tested and monitored for thyroid disease because they are showing symptoms of hypothyroidism.
What can you do for yourself and your family to protect against radiation exposure? Start including these foods, spices and supplements into your daily diet.
- Take a daily dose of citrus pectin or apple pectin in powder or capsule form. Pectin binds to and removes radioactive materials.
- Use local spirulina and chlorella sources (parsley and cilantro) in juice, smoothies or your morning shake. These have been documented to remove radioactive materials in people post Chernobyl fallout.
- If you want to neutralize radioactive isotopes in the body eat iodine rich dulse seaweed from Ireland. California costal seaweed has been found to have higher levels of radioactivity.
- Don't forget your beneficial carotenes rich in Vitamin C and E that help protect against radiation induced cancers. Carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, squash along with your greens are part of a healthy diet and provide anti-radiation benefits.
- White blood cells are protected against gamma radiation with all of the cruciferous vegetables that are high in caffeic acid like: broccoli, cauliflower, arugula, bok choy, radishes, chard, mustard greens and cabbage.
- Herbs can protect against DNA damage. Burdock, milk thistle, ginseng, chelidonium, nettles, rosemary are a few that can be taken in simple tinctures or teas each day.
- Miso soup proved to be protective and prevent radiation sickness in WWII. It is high in dipicolonic acid which helps to eliminate radiation from the body.
- Reishi mushrooms also used in cancer treatments increase white blood cells and stimulate the immune system.
- Bentonite clay binds to endotoxins and assists safe passage out of the body.