Surgical wait times are increasing for women.
Women with endometrial cancer experience surgical delays over 6 weeks in 25% of cases. These long surgical waits may be associated with worse survival. In the same study, 28% of patients underwent surgery for endometrial cancer more than 6 weeks after diagnosis, according to a study published in Gynecologic Oncology. Patients diagnosed in 2010 and 2011 were more likely to face surgical waits of over 6 weeks than patients treated in 2003. Also, the study found that patients under 40 who were black or hispanic had a surgical wait time significantly longer than 6 weeks, factors such as: being from the lowest education quartile, having medicaid or being uninsured were also associated with a significantly higher likelihood of a wait time exceeding 6 weeks.
If you are wait-listed for surgery - now is the time to get ozone therapy. Affordable, safe and effective - you can best prepare your immune system prior to surgery with ozone therapy. We offer I.V. ozone and vaginal insufflation. We offer a nutritional regimen with high quality nutraceuticals to prevent progression of disease that supports your immune and liver function.
While chemo and radiation might be effective in individual cases it is not necessarily safe long-term or affordable. Two of our every 5 patients who follow standard of care for cancer get diagnosed with a secondary cancer. Ozone therapy has been found to synergize with chemo and radiation making it more effective and reducing negative side effects.
Take the quiz to see what you've learned!
1. Surgical delays of >6 weeks in women with endometrial cancer occur in what percent of cases, according to data from a study of women who underwent surgical treatment from 2003 to 2011?
A. Less than 5%
D. All of the above
2. In the same study, what percent of patients underwent surgery for endometrial cancer more than 6 weeks after diagnosis?
3. True or False. Patients diagnosed in 2010 and 2011 were more likely to undergo surgery more than 6 weeks after diagnosis compared to patients treated in 2003.
4. Which of the following factors were associated with a significantly higher likelihood of surgical wait time of more than 6 weeks, according to the same study?
A. Being younger than 35 years of age
B. Being white
C. Being black or Hispanic
5. True or False. Being from the lowest education quartile, having Medicaid or being uninsured were also associated with a significantly higher likelihood of surgical wait time of more than 6 weeks.
Ozone therapy is safe, effective and affordable. Ozone does not cause cancer. All treatments are MD ordered and RN/NP administered in NYS.
1. B. 25%
2. B. 28%
4. Being Black or Hispanic
For complete information, see:
Strohl AE, Feinglass JM, Shahabi S, Simon MA. Surgical wait time: A new health indicator in women with endometrial cancer. [Published online ahead of print April 23, 2016]. Gynecol Oncol. doi:10.1016/j.ygyno.2016.04.014.