Are the risks associated with hair loss medications worth it?
Propecia, the popular medication choice for slowing down the loss of hair in men comes with some scary adverse reactions.
Organon & Co now owns Propecia and has added a new adverse drug reaction; suicidality. This was added to an already extensive list including hypersensitivity, sexual dysfunction, orgasm disorders, male breast cancers, breast disorders and now depression and suicidal ideation and behavior.
As a result of an FDA Citizen Petition filled by the PFS Foundation in 2017 Organon & Co was ordered to amend the potential lethal adverse reactions.
Prior to this amendment, the only adverse reaction pertaining to psychiatric health was depression beginning in 2011
. The FDA has been aware of suicide cases among Propecia users for over a decade.
Another major problem that needs to be addressed is that there are three BIG telemedicine companies whose core business is dominated by the sale of finasteride (Propecia). Patients who are already taking or considering taking this drug should be immediately notified that this drug could precipitate suicide.
Anyone living in the US who suffers from PFS should report his or her symptoms to the US FDA. Anyone living outside the US who suffers from PFS should report his or her symptoms to the US FDA as well as to his or her local drug-regulatory authority (DRA), as directed on our Report Your Side Effects page.
At Second Nature Care we utilize ozone therapy and specialized medicines from Germany to treat hair loss eliminating adverse side effects that come with medications like Propecia.
You can also try natural remedies:
- Drink 2-4 cups of green tea daily.
- Eat natural 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors like: dark berries like: blueberries, pomegranates, strawberries, raspberries because these foods inhibit protein kinase C.
- Herbs like: Trifolium, Pueraria, Panax ginseng, Curcuma aeruginosa and Polygonum multiflora can be used topically and internally to inhibit 5 alpha-reductase. Ask me about a supplement form that is easy to take.
- Towel dry your head vigorously each day and do a scalp massage with Weleda's Rosemary oil.
- Take Xymogen's Adrenal Manager and AdrenaMax.
- Take 2 caps of Xymogen's Regenemax Plus with 12,000 mcg of biotin - the only supplement that has passed double-blind studies for hair regrowth.
First-ever suicidality adrs added to US propecia product label, per FDA mandate - the post-finasteride syndrome foundation. The Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation - Dedicated to supporting research and finding treatments for PFS patients worldwide. (2022, August 30). Retrieved August 30, 2022, from https://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/first-ever-suicidality-adrs-added-to-us-propecia-product-label-per-fda-mandate/