A different approach to allergies.
Allergies are on the rise.
Not only seasonal allergies on the rise but, the prevalence of rhinitis, eczema and food allergies are the most common health issue affecting children in the US. (Born, 2018). Even patients who never had allergies as children are developing them in adulthood because the immune system can only handle so much toxic and allergenic exposure. The immune system is preoccupied with the burden of toxins and allergens that it begins to react. This applies to feeling as though your allergy symptoms get worse every year. In an interview conducted with Todd Born, ND, CNS, scientific advisor for Allergy Research Group , he discloses how he helps patients with allergies naturally and provides ways to treat and protect yourself from allergies.
The most common allergy causes are airborne (pollen, mold, dust mites and dander), contact(latex or chemicals, food( peanuts, shellfish etc. ) and medications (penicillin). After getting tested to find out exactly what you are allergic too and just how allergic you are then the next step is to treat.
We offer comprehensive respiratory, environmental and food allergy panels. If they accept your insurance these tests are free.
Allergies are inflammatory conditions that involve a shift away from the T helper response and toward a more predominant T helper 2 response. In treating allergies through dietary supplements, this can aid in the shift to a more favorable balance Th1 and Th2 (Born, 2018).
Conventionally, allergies are treated using over the counter antihistamines but these do nothing to balance that immunologic response. Instead, they provide a band-aid over symptoms. Natural antihistamines are not only safer but, they also drive the Th1 response and calm the immune system.
Ways you can help your immune system to fight through allergies include: vitamins, probiotics, fish oils and other supplements. Vitamins that can strengthen the response include A, C, D and zinc. According to Todd Born, ND, CNS, scientific advisor for Allergy Research Group , reports that the majority of his patients have insufficient levels of vitamin D. Probiotics also help to balance the immune response. Omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory and balance the Th1:Th2 response. Other protocols such as healing leaky gut or detoxing the liver and kidneys can be taken in more extreme allergy cases. We offer a full comprehensive lab work-up treatment protocols to address your allergy issues.
There are steps you can take to "Allergy Proof Your Life" according the the interview:
In the Home:
- Pillows: Place in the dryer on high heat for 20 minutes.
- Linens: Wash in hot water weekly
- Carpet: Vacuum weekly, preferably with one that contains a HEPA filter
- Shelves: Wipe down with a most cloth, not dry, weekly
- Windows and Sills: Clean at least monthly with solution of 10% chlorine-free bleach and 90% water. Let soak 5 minutes then clean.
- HEPA filters: Place a few around the house and run at night
- Humidifier: For those who live in drier climates, using these in the bedroom will not only improve skin, but keep sinuses moist and less irritated.
- Candles: Avoid using petroleum based candles. Choose soy or beeswax candles
- Cleaning Products: Consider making your own or use the "natural" ones
- Dogs: Wash monthly and brush weekly
- Cats: Clean litter box daily and brush cat weekly. Wear a mask and gloves when you clean the litter box to prevent toxoplasmosis. Every other week, completely empty litter box and soak with chlorine-free bleach for 30 minutes. Wash and redo litter.
- Birds: Clean out cage at least every other day. Wear a mask and gloves to prevent exposure to bird pathogens that cause upper respiratory illnesses. Pick up feathers as soon as possible
- Wash Hands: Soap and warm water. Do not use antibacterial soap.
- Avoid Touching your Eyes
- Wear a mask when cleaning the home and taking care of the pets
- Nasal Irrigation: Daily or every other day, with a Neti Pot or NeilMed and saline water. You can add Goldenseal powder, Xylitol powder or Quercetin powder. Or 4 drops of essential oils of Thyme or Eucalyptus. Always use filtered water.
- Avoid known food, pet and environmental triggers.
- Eat Honey: Go for as organic and local as possible.
- Clean with fragrance and chemical - free products.
There ARE healthy ways to help.
Ozone therapy can address acute conditions and chronic infections. It can alleviate persistent annoying symptoms and eliminate pain from infections. It is proactive and creates space for the patient to review all of their treatment options.
We offer full respiratory and food allergen panels to see what is bothering your immune system. We see new patients every week with complaints of seasonal allergies, skin rashes, gastrointestinal trouble, brain fog, shortness of breath and musculoskeletal issues that stem from respiratory or food allergies. We check for celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. This is covered by insurance.
We can address your hypersensitivities with allersode desensitization drops that are easy for all ages to take daily. We monitor your progress in the office for desensitization.
Remedies are easy to store, safe and inexpensive. NO SHOTS.
Call if you have chronic allergies of any kind if you are sick and tired of being sick and tired.